Firstly, this really is a BIG book of Math-tivities. It is 178 pages of fun activities for children aged K to 2nd Grade!
The best thing about his book, is that everything is printable and ready to go and won't require any preparation from you other than some laminating if you want to keep the task cards to use over and over again (and I know you will!).
- Mathbooking - a new combination of math journals and scrapbooking
- Math Glphs - students answer math questions to create a personal work of art
- Math and Tell - combines storytelling with math word problems
- Math Games and Puzzles - brand-new math games to entertain students while they learn
- Taking Math Outside - use the great outdoors as your new location for math class
- Holiday Math - use special seasons of the year for showcasing math instruction
Here are some pictures of my favourite activities:
As you can see on the pictures, the Common Core standard is included, along with all the information. But don't let that discourage Non-USA users, anyone can use it! Full, very comprehensive instructions are included in the booklet - with each activity explained thoroughly so teachers are able to optimise the learning of their class.
My only wish - that there was one that covered 2nd to 4th Grade! Perhaps that is still coming….
I know you are going to know more about this great resources, you can check out their website here. You can purchase your own copy of The Crawfords' BIG Book of Math-tivities here - both digital and hard copy (I do love book books!). You can also download your FREE SAMPLE! It will also be available on TpT and Amazon soon.